Thursday, December 16, 2010

Das Ende des Semesters

As I sit here on campus today, I can revel in the fact that I have completed my course work for Transition to Teaching in a very successful way! I am still waiting to receive one final grade, but it looks like I will have achieved straight A's for my course work.
I now turn my focus to student teaching beginning January 3rd. I am excited to dive right in from day one and start learning. The student teaching placement only lasts 11 weeks! It will be over before I know it. I will be teaching my cooperating teacher's full class load for a minimum of 5 weeks. I am also looking forward to becoming a part of the overall school community. I have said from day one that I not only want to be a great teacher, but I also want to be a heavily involved member of the overall school community. I want to reach out to students beyond the classroom and engage them in activities that interest them. I want to create interesting and relevant lessons that students willingly contemplate beyond the classroom. I want my classroom to be a place that students look forward to coming to on a daily basis. They will be challenged, engaged, and respected! I am empowered by a confidence that I will be a great teacher, father, and husband all in one!!
Finally, I would like to wish all of you out there a Merry Christmas. Remember the positive things in life, even as you deal with issues and struggles. We are so blessed with everything we have. While we always believe in our minds that things could be better, there is no better time than the present. Give someone a hug today! Frohe Weihnachten!!

No comments:

Post a Comment